MoneyMinded Facilitator Training
Family Violence Focus
- 3 July - 4 July 2018
The Berry Street Childhood Institute are delighted to partner with ANZ to offer this FREE facilitator training for practitioners who wish to assist their clients develop skills, knowledge and confidence in managing their money. MoneyMinded has reached more than 490,000 people, making it the most widely used financial literacy program in Australia. More than 6,000 facilitators have been trained to deliver the program.
The 2016 MoneyMinded Impact Report included a detailed examination of the impact of MoneyMinded in a family violence context. As part of the research, ANZ piloted a family violence-focused module of the program with Berry Street's family violence services. The final full report made a number of recommendations to improve the module following the pilot.
To address the research recommendations, ANZ developed a special edition of MoneyMinded specifically to support practitioners working in a Family Violence Service.
Although the core of this training reflects the MoneyMinded Facilitator training the content has been adapted to suit the unique financial needs of those experiencing, or who have experienced family violence.
This training is currently available in Victoria only.
Becoming a Facilitator:
- Training is offered free of charge and will run over two full days - you will need to complete both days to become a MoneyMinded or MoneyBusiness Facilitator.
- At the end of the training you will be equipped and certified to run small workshops or work one-to-one with your clients using the MoneyMinded or MoneyBusiness programs.
- Upon agreement of the Conditions of Use and completion of the training, all new registered MoneyMinded or MoneyBusiness facilitators will receive a unique facilitator number which will entitle them to materials and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you are interested in attending MoneyMinded training but cannot attend any of our advertised sessions please contact us on 03 9421 9362 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MoneyMinded program aims to build skills and confidence around everyday money matters for participants and can be integrated into existing community settings and programs.
This training course will prepare you to be able to run small workshops or use the MoneyMinded information one-to-one with clients of your programs. MoneyMinded topics include:
- Planning and budgeting
- Getting started
- Understanding paperwork
- Credit providers
- Dealing with debt
- Rights and responsibilities
- Planning for the future
- A roof over head (home ownership and tenancy)
Your MoneyMinded trainer will support you to:
- Become familiar with the available resources, including extensive workshop material, activities, case studies and references/links.
- Plan effective workshop presentations or utilise the MoneyMinded resources in one-to-one casework with clients.
- Build your facilitation skills and confidence in using the material with clients.
Note: MoneyMinded facilitators are not permitted to train others to become MoneyMinded facilitators
Who Should Attend
- Practitioners working in a Family Violence Service or financial counsellors working with people experiencing, or who have experienced family violence;
- Practitioners who have a commitment to actively use MoneyMinded in practice with their clients.
- 3 July - 4 July 2018